If you are looking for a special place to contribute your skills, talents, and abilities, we hope you consider one of the many volunteer opportunities at Chicago Hope And Palliative Healthcare Inc. We believe every person has something to give to support our patients and their families. The time you give to share your talents with Chicago Hope And Palliative Healthcare Inc will touch the lives of others in deeply meaningful ways. These are just a few of the volunteer opportunities where you can make a difference:
- Patient care volunteers visit with patients to offer friendship and companionship, give needed respite time for caregivers, run errands, or help with light household work.
- Interpreter volunteers facilitate communication between palliative care and hospice professionals and families through staff visits and/or phone calls.
- Grief support volunteers Assist with plans for bereavement activities and events, including gatherings and memorial services, or offer support for families through phone calls and cards.
- Community outreach volunteers are the face of Chicago Hope And Palliative Healthcare Inc by helping at health fairs and conferences throughout the community
- Support Volunteer Support volunteers help behind-the-scenes, enabling the front-line caregiving team to better serve hospice patients and their families. Volunteering in the hospice office is a great way to serve in an indirect patient care role.